WEDDING RECEPTION PACKAGE £800 (this information also applies to large private party bookings)
The main hall measures approximately 15m x 8.5m and we welcome groups of up to 113 people. Seated numbers depend on your chosen table layout and any dance floor or stage location.
The Wedding Reception/Large Party Package includes:-
- All rooms at Ashford War Memorial Institute (including Snooker Room) all day on the Saturday (or main event day) from 8.00am – 10.30pm (or to Midnight, if a TENS license has been a obtained – see below). This includes the kitchen, the bar, the Mary Jackson Room (for coats), lavatories, Snooker room (for serving, if required at extra cost – see price list) and exterior area for parking or entertaining.
- Use of the Main Hall at the Institute for deliveries/set-up from midday on the Friday (or day before the event) and until midday on the Sunday (or day after the event) for clearing and cleaning.
- Use of tables, chairs, crockery, glasses and staging (we can supply a list of the available equipment).
- Table linen and bunting can be provided but must be laundered after the event at extra cost.
- All Weddings and Wedding Receptions and large parties are charged on the package basis and no discounts are available on these.
You are welcome to choose all your own suppliers whether they be caterers, florists, DJ etc.. We can provide a list of recommended suppliers and cleaners to help you with your planning. It is the responsibility of the suppliers to ensure that they have the relevant insurance cover.
We ask that all Hall doors are closed by 10.30pm to prevent noise travelling around the village.
In order to hold an event which supplies alcohol to guests at the Ashford Institute you will need to personally apply for a Temporary Event Notice. The application process is surprisingly straightforward via the Derbyshire Dales authority. In summary, it costs £21 for the license and you can apply at any point, although will need to allow a minimum of 3 weeks notice. In order to complete your application you will need the “Premises” License Number for the Ashford Institute, which is DLPLN0005
Further details and the Application Document can be found here:
Without the TEN License you will not be able hold your event, so please do ensure that you get this paperwork in place in good time
Payment in Full at the time of booking is preferred
In other cases, a deposit of 50% of the fee will be invoiced on reservation and the remainder due by the booking date. We will refund your deposit in the case of cancellation minus £5 for administration.
In the case of Government restrictions being imposed we will refund your deposit or payment entirely.
Wherever possible we try to facilitate requests for changes to dates, days and hours for reservation. If this is not possible, and a deposit has been paid, we will refund the deposit minus £5 for administration costs.
Damages will be charged for.
Ashford War Memorial Institute does not charge VAT.
After the event
You will have until midday on the day following your reception to clear up. The rooms should be returned to the condition that they were found in, ready for the next hirer. If clients are unable to leave the rooms clean for the next client, we will have to employ cleaners to finish the job and the cost of this will be invoiced to the hirer.
Viewings and Bookings
All Bookings and Viewings are managed by a group of volunteers.
Our booking email is not continuously monitored but we do aim to check all messages and get back to you within 48 hours.
Please read through all of the information before making contact regarding a booking.
Whilst we would prefer you used the online booking system, if you are having problems with the system, or have an enquiry not covered above, please email and we will do our best to help you.
ALL HIRERS MUST ENSURE THAT THEY HAVE READ AND WILL ABIDE BY THE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE.